About Me

 


Hi!  I'm Kim Martin:  ELA teacher, mom, and Army wife.  The Army has moved us all over from Fort Bragg, NC to Orlando, FL, to Schofield Barracks, HI, Fort Riley, KS, and currently, Camp Humphreys, South Korea, with an upcoming move to Fort Bliss, TX.  Whew!  My 6-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son have grown up thinking that moving every year or so is completely normal, and I absolutely love it!  We are always getting a chance to explore somewhere new, start fresh, and make new adventures together.  

Technology is not my best friend, but we are working on our relationship.  My personal technology use surrounds my cellphone that I cannot be separated from--mostly for Pinterest ideas, online shopping, and random internet searches as a I wonder, "Where else have I seen that actor before...?", reading (such a language arts teacher thing to say) on my iPad because I love the ability to instantly download the next book in a series and starting it the moment I finish the previous book, and official teacher and school work on my laptop when I need to really "focus."  When it comes to using technology for teaching, I am a big fan of Google Classroom thanks to virtual teaching, but I had such a great experience being forced to integrate more technology that I don't know if I could teach without it at this point.  I still rely too heavily on PowerPoint, but I am branching out!  I beneficial side-effect to including more technology in my teaching is how organized it helps me feel...I am officially no longer drowning in student papers, and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

Here's to new adventures!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion--Assistive Technology

Technology Lesson Demonstration Assignment

Discussion--Reflection